Active Topics

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Meppen, Germany
After I installed Ubuntu 9.10 on my N900 and needed to activate RD Mode, my battery drains very fast (at least I think its because of it)...

I attached a screenshot of BatteryEye (I installed it last night so its not much data)

Or is it possible that I have installed a application with drains my battery? I tried much Apps but uninstalled them, any of them possible to still drain the battery?

Also I installed an Image into my RootFS-Partition with was wrong and my rootfs partition was full. I just deleted /root from my device. Maybe thats the issue? I dunno
Or should I just reflash my device?But then I have mixed up Contacts, wroong Contact information and so on dont know why thats happening either.

Thanks for any help Provided

Robin

BatteryEye Screenshot:

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by mautz001 View Post
After I installed Ubuntu 9.10 on my N900 and needed to activate RD Mode, my battery drains very fast (at least I think its because of it)...
With every Maemo device from the 770 on up, Nokia have warned that R&D mode can cause faster battery depletion. It's one of the main reasons they advise not keeping a Maemo device in that mode.

Others in the community have argued the warnings have no basis in reality as they've not seen a change in battery life. If you are though, well, perhaps your device is that unlucky corner case that led to Nokia's warnings.

turned it off now, ill hope that helps... Is it possible that previously installed applications are causing this behaviour?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by mautz001 View Post
turned it off now, ill hope that helps... Is it possible that previously installed applications are causing this behaviour?
Sure, an application that keeps the processor pegged, doesn't allow the WiFi chip to sleep, or otherwise keeps the device busy non-stop will drain the battery.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
After you enabled R&D mode, did you disable the keyboard flashing while idle? 'cause that will chew up battery.

I mean previously UNinstalled applications, sorry for misleading

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
R&D mode has been on since May last year for me, can't say it caused faster drain (though I have no exact values here).
I have the keyboard LED flicker turned off though.

hmm... Any suggestion why mouse pointer no longer work after installing power Kernel on Maemo, MohannadAG? ;D Yeah, I turned it off too...

Maybe I should by a new charger, mine is getting hot sometimes...