Active Topics

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland, Wroclaw
The device will not start. When you turn you see the Nokia logo. If the keyboard is open the logo is visible to the discharge of the battery. In another case, after a few seconds, the device turns off. You can see stripes on the screen.

The computer does not detect the connected device. Holding the key "u", inserting the battery and connect the USB cable does not help. The device is still not detected. USB icon is not visible. LED shines on the dark yellow, almost orange. The device restarts after a moment.

Installed:
- kernel power 47
- bootmenu

This happened after adding another item to bootmenu and reboot.

did you tried to reflash?
Check wiki.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
You are reflashing wrong, please read the Wiki.
Keep the back cover and battery closed. Slide it open. Put the USB into the N900. Hold U. Connect USB to the PC. Release U when you see the USB icon.

Don't use bootmenu, use multiboot next time.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland, Wroclaw
I charged bettery on another device. If helps

edit

My battery was completly discharged. Now everything is OK.

Last edited by zazun; 2011-05-15 at 11:20.

Originally Posted by zazun View Post
The device will not start. When you turn you see the Nokia logo. If the keyboard is open the logo is visible to the discharge of the battery. In another case, after a few seconds, the device turns off. You can see stripes on the screen.

The computer does not detect the connected device. Holding the key "u", inserting the battery and connect the USB cable does not help. The device is still not detected. USB icon is not visible. LED shines on the dark yellow, almost orange. The device restarts after a moment.

Installed:
- kernel power 47
- bootmenu

This happened after adding another item to bootmenu and reboot.

Hey zazun,

I don't know if it is the same problem I had but you can look at my post.

I thought It was definitively fixed but the problem is not totally solved. I think I need to buy a new battery.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72966

Tags
brick, bricked, fails to boot, no detect