Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Is it possible to turn off autoconnect to a specific wifi access point? Since the wifi and bluetooth share the same antenna, when the wifi connects, it causes the BT headset to drop out. As an example, I was listening to a rather long podcast when I got to work this morning, and wanted to finish listening. I got to my office and as soon as the N900 detected the wifi, it tried to connect. So I disconnected it. A while later, it did the same thing, as did I...And so forth.

So I would like to turn off autoconnect, but only to my work access point. I looked in Settings -> Internet Connections, but it appeared to be all-or-nothing.option...Either you can autoconnect to all/mms/wifi or be asked in each case.

Thanks,
--vr

Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
just set the "Connect automatically" to "Always ask"..

then, install ConnectNow from the appmanager, and u can create a shortcut to the specific connection u want to have quick access to...

once installed, tap anywhere on the screen to bring up the tool (wrench icon), then select "add widget"..connectnow will be on the list..just tap it, and set your preferred, frequently used connection..

once done, it's easy..just tap at the connectnow shortcut with the pre-defined connection by u..and u will be connected to the internet without having to tap the status area, clicking the internet connection, then clicking on the available wifi...

Last edited by one1002; 2011-02-18 at 18:45.