Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
PreyProject is a complete anti-theft suite with Location (supports GPS and GSM triangulation), Camera, Unlock, Data Wiping and some other functions, Standalone version is completely trustworthy, It basically checks a file on your server and if that file gets deleted, starts sending reports to you. (or you can start the alarm with SMS message)

It is open-sourced, standalone and already compatible with GNU/Linux and Android so I think It wouldnt be too hard to make it work on Maemo. It's a good and stable alternative to SMSCON and it supports server file check and data wipe.

Web site: http://preyproject.com/

If you can't do anything about it (ie you're not a developer) you can at least vote for it: http://prey.uservoice.com/forums/162...or-maemo-meego

edit: Sorry for wrong category, I cannot move it myself, please someone move it to Applications for me?

Last edited by Aranel; 2010-09-28 at 20:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aranel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
How about SMSCon?

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Thread moved to Applications. Be sure to post in the correct sub-forum to get relevant attention.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.