Notices

Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
Awesome, the first way worked...just made a . desktop with an exec of exec= sudo /usr/bin/changemymac and it worked great. Only one issue, after i disconnect my connection and reconnect for the new mac to take effect, my sip account wont connect. when I do it the manual way in xterm it connects fine...any ideas why it wont connect?
Nope... don't use SIP.. but there should be no difference between doing it manually and running it in a script assuming you are running the *exact* same commands.

The only difference would be a script would execute the commands much faster than manually, thus if it needs a small sleep in there before bringing the interface back up you can add a "sleep 2" or something.

I'm surprised your sudo works like that.. wonder if you have something other than rootsh installed (or maybe the N810 has an older rootsh that is different). If I run sudo anything other than "gainroot" I get a password prompt.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
I installed sudser so I can run emelfm2 as root

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Oh well, if it wont connect it doesnt really matter, the only time I need to run a faked mac is when I'm getting a new trial from wayfinder so I'm going to be in the car anyways so it doesnt really matter if it can connect. Thanks for all your help!!