Active Topics

N8 Make My Application - Submit your App Idea and have a chance to WIN an N8 !!

Great Huh...

Make My App competition is an exciting opportunity for anyone to submit ideas and compete for a chance to have their idea turned into real apps. Each week 10 most voted ideas are shortlisted. Our guest judges will then choose 3 winning ideas from each category.

These final 12 winners will win a trip to a Nokia event in September in London, where their ideas are turned into real apps by professional developers. When the Nokia N8 hits the stores the winners will receive a brand new Nokia N8 with their app installed.

The winning apps are also made available in Ovi Store for everyone to download and enjoy.
The submissions close on June 27th.
All you need to do is come up with the idea – Nokia will provide the developers for winning ideas.
Go ahead and submit your idea:

http://n8makemyapp.com/

Don't forget to post yours here

Here are some of my ideas..

(I need your Votes)

Link:

http://217.149.58.248/campaign/usefu...ch=Nokia7Linux

1- Sixaxis controller:

Sixaxis controller - Use your sixaxis PS3 controller to control your N8 while playing games. This will increase the entertainment with 3d graphics accelerator and the AMOLED Screen. Where the N8 should be the host for the controller. The application should also have the ability to configure keys.
2- Multi-Emulator

Multi-Emulator: Emulate NES, GBA, PSX and other sega and GameBoy games using one application. With virtual keys for easy control.
3- VNC Viewer

VNC Viewer - Give you full control to your PC just by entering the IP address and a Password. Look at the attached image for more info
4- Ram and CPU Statistics

Create an homescreen widget to show the RAM & CPU Usage of the Device. This will help to see the amount of RAM left and if the CPU is overloaded to restart the phone. Look at the image attached for an example
5- Ovi Video Conversation

Add support to have video conversations using OVI Contacts.
6- YouTube Video Uploader

YouTube Video Uploader - Upload captured videos directly from your N8 to your Youtube account.
Good Luck ,, ALL

Nokia7Linux ,,,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nokia7Linux For This Useful Post:
Interesting... An app to freely modify the ledger of my checking account?

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Great! I post my two cents at Better World category.

l'll think on sameting. With QT it will be easyt to make it also to meego.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Well the multi-emulator probably won't happen, as Nintendo's lawyers keep eliminating DrNokNok from the repos.

Others don't sound all that bad TBH. I think a lot of ideas can be drawn from what's been done for the N900 already. For example that Sixaxis controller support.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Thanks the ones voting for my "Better World" app!
Lets party...

Better World app

Play it again, Sam...

Last edited by rpgAmazon; 2010-05-23 at 12:05.