Active Topics

Would it be possible to get another option added to the Time/Date settings? I would really like to be able to set 24 hour clock, I simply cannot wrap my head around the AM/PM thing.
Edit: And date format, please.. 01-07-2007 is 01-JUL-2007 to me..

Last edited by TA-t3; 2007-02-13 at 12:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
Any news about this?

wrap my head around the AM/PM thing.
Exactly

I too would really like to see some sort of applet that will enable me to change the time and date format. I have no idea where to look or what to change to get what I'm after. It seems to be very hidden and linked in with the Locale settings. Someone had pointed to a way to set the environment variable to set time and date format to be the same as fi_FI which is a 24 hour time format, but unfortunately, the calendar format is different too with the week starting off on Monday instead of Sunday... the date is dd.mm.yyyy though and that's "okay" though I would prefer dd-MMM-yyyy or even ddMMMyyyy.

You might not have noticed, but this is in the site Comments/Suggestions forum; the discussion is about an additional setting here in itT forums, not on your tablet.

Still, thanks for bumping it.

I agree; 24h here too, though it's a 12h world here in the States, so I'm bichronal.