Notices

Originally Posted by Vitusya View Post
So how do I make it so that the logs are created per day, not per week? and can I delete the old entries? Thanks!
I don't follow you here. log entires are stored forever (unless deleted), calcuations like points used/left are per day and per week but that just affects the query constraints used for the log entires used for the calculations.

editing and deleting log entries is on my todo list (the idea is that you click on an entry in the log list view).

if you know python+gtk i'll gladly accept help, the project is in garage.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Calgary
My problem is that I started logging points on Wednesday, which worked fine for that particular day. When I started logging points for Thursday, all Wednesday points started showing as being Thursday ones, which, of course, skewed Thursday points, etc.

I thought the workaround could be deleting points for the previous day so that I could enter points for particular day only. But there is nothing in the menu that offers me an option of deleting old entries. Please advise.

Unfortunately, I have zero programming skills ... I am willing to pay for this program if it functions properly

My problem is that I started logging points on Wednesday, which worked fine for that particular day. When I started logging points for Thursday, all Wednesday points started showing as being Thursday ones, which, of course, skewed Thursday points, etc.
Weird, can you post screenshot of the points log list ?

I thought the workaround could be deleting points for the previous day so that I could enter points for particular day only. But there is nothing in the menu that offers me an option of deleting old entries. Please advise.
As I said, editing and deleting entries is not done yet. But even if it was I would not use such workaround anyway.

Unfortunately, I have zero programming skills ... I am willing to pay for this program if it functions properly
Python is very easy to learn and since it needs no compiling you can edit the code on device and see results immediately. Learning is fun!

The software will stay open source and I will not accept payments to make feature X (since I do this for my own reasons when I happen to have time and inspiration).

I don't know how to do a screenshot. However, I found a workaround - I log points later in a day, so it keeps the balance for the day correctly.

Are you planning to modify the program now that the new weightwatcher system gets implemented (calculations will be done differently)?

Thanks!

I don't know how to do a screenshot. However, I found a workaround - I log points later in a day, so it keeps the balance for the day correctly.
there was a thread about "hidden tricks" or something that had a way, or you could install the cpu/mem applet which adds screenshot to the menu

I'll try to find time to fic the log query timeframing

Are you planning to modify the program now that the new weightwatcher system gets implemented (calculations will be done differently)?
adding algorithms is relatively easy, as long as someone can describe them to me.

Once I have more details on the new program (they are supposed to reveal them shortly), I'll share them with you. Thanks again!!

Originally Posted by rambo View Post
I'll try to find time to fic the log query timeframing
Packaged a new version, it should hit extras-devel soonish and that version should have a fix for this issue (haven't tested it properly though)

Hi Rambo,

Here is the new formula for calculating points in the new program (taken from Wikipedia):
In November 2010, WeightWatchers announced that it's Points system was being replaced by a new PointsPlus system. The old system was based on a calculation based on Calories and Fat content. The new PointsPlus system is based on Protein, Carbohydrates, Fat and Fiber content.

where pp is the PointsPlus value, p is the amount of protein, c is the amount of carbohydrates, fa is the amount of total fat and fi is the amount of fiber, all in grams. This formula is an empirical match to the WeightWatchers calculators and may not be exact.

The new PointsPlus system is based on Protein, Carbohydrates, Fat and Fiber content.
4 (!?) inputs, I need to reorganize the UI, 3 could still fit in the current spaces but 4, I don't think so.

Edit: Implemented in SVN, however since I'm also working on drawing some nice graphs (see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...891#post886891 for some complications related to that) I won't be rolling out a "release" into extras-devel even.

If you want to try out the latest and greatest you can run the SVN version on your device (just don't go to the graph views, they will crash ) you can checkout the trunk on your device (as user is fine) and then as root run the "sdk_symlinks.sh" to generate a symlink farm to run directly from the checkout (added bonus: you can edit the code yourself and see effects immediately!)

Last edited by rambo; 2010-12-01 at 15:37.