Active Topics

Poll: Does your n900 have the hazy image issue in the top corner?
Poll Options
Does your n900 have the hazy image issue in the top corner?

Has anyone tried blacking out the chrome?

Two things that might work are permanent black market or else matt black nail varnish?

In the spirit of open-source modding, I'm going to try one of those things, but I'd like to know if one is better than the other? Any advice?

you can tweak and tweak all week till you cant speak and your n900 photos will stil be weak!!!!
this camera is trash and nokia wont lift a finger to change it cause it would be too expensive to come up with some kinda hardware change for every one who brought one

here is ma advice. if yours is still under warrenty which they all should be' just send it back for a brand spanking new model. hopefully the newer models have this problem fixed

Was in the club taking pics of some girls dancing (her 19th) and all the pics came out miserably. I had maybe one decent one. That one was kinda sharp and you could make out her body outline.. this was a dark club with all the disco lights.. anyways I'll likely try removing the case next. I also voted yes on the poll, so lets see if the future models have different back covers.

Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
you can tweak and tweak all week till you cant speak and your n900 photos will stil be weak!!!!
this camera is trash and nokia wont lift a finger to change it cause it would be too expensive to come up with some kinda hardware change for every one who brought one

here is ma advice. if yours is still under warrenty which they all should be' just send it back for a brand spanking new model. hopefully the newer models have this problem fixed
really? I really think it's user error. If it's a low light condition, then the camera's software is going to compensate whether the back cover is on or not. Most phone cameras aren't able to achieve great photos in low light with an exception to a few like the N82, but that had a Xenon flash.