Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Someone on high make sure that PB gets two N900s! If there's anyone here from Nokia with some common sense and some power, make it happen! PB is certainly someone who directly helps Nokia sales.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by grumps312 View Post
i hate how Americans are always complaining about prices, what about us Canadians? We pay nearly like $800 for the device, don't see us complaining like Americans.

^ Didnt mean to attack you directly or insult you, i'm just speaking broad. Not all Americans complain, just like not all Canadians dont complain.
OK grumps

Sorry you live in Canada, but I cannot help you with that. There are some other Canadians out here, maybe they can help you cope?

I don't mean to joke, I live close to Canada and work with many Canadians, so friendly joking about countries often ensues.

I am sick of people who are not walking in my shoes and telling me, they dont like me complaining that a phone costs over $500. I live in Finland, I live in Canada, I live in the UK.

I live in Flint, Michigan, USA, and you know what, $500+ is a lot of money for a mobile phone, where I come from.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

True, but our CAD value is almost the same as USD value, and with the U.S. economy now, we might as well and should have cheaper prices compared to U.S. . But i also live near the U.S. and i work at a tourist destination and i always hear mainly Americans complaining about prices and stuff. Just annoys me when they do that because we pay almost double for the exact same thing... Or maybe im just being a fool..

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I see sometimes there are companies that offer phones for tmobile in USA, that tmobile does not offer, but still discounted. I was starting this thread to see if anyone has seen anything. All searching I have done ends up in UK.

So no need for tips on how to game the system, no complaints about me looking for a deal. I am not bashing anyone, just looking for a deal.

Anyone spot one, let me know...
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

I'm with PB on this. My monthly payment won't change at all from my G1.. but the G1 was $130 vs the N900 $540.

Getting the N900 is completely an added cost for me... one that I am saving for - but added cost none-the-less.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Hey PB, Sent you a PM

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
Hey everyone
I live in India and one of my friend is currently in New York. I wanted to purchase a N900 and that too real fast as my friend will return to India in a day or two.
I just wanted to know whether my friend can purchase the phone instantly from the NY flagship store or they would take some time. In other words will my friend be able to just walk in the flagship store and come out with a N900 in his hand? If not then what is the probable waiting period at flagship stores.

Kindly help me out folks

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Are you sure you wouldn't be able to benefit from the lower off-contract rates T-Mobile offers? Upgrading to a subsidized smartphone plan would definitely cost more per month...