Active Topics

It took me about two days and several violent fits before I finally succeeded to upload my app to the maemo extras-devel repository. So that no one else has to go through this same tragic ordeal, I thought I better post what I learned by now.

WARNING: I'm not at all sure that the following info is even remotely correct. These steps might be strange, unnecessary and/or downright idiotic. But hey, at lest in my case, they worked.

1. Follow this post up to step 6 for preparing the initial package. You may want to edit the debian/control file at this point.

2. Replace the debian/rule file with the included one included in this post. Edit it and put your package name after the APPNAME :=. NOTE: If you try to copy and paste the entire rule file in Qt Creator, like I tried, you will get and error about 8 spaces instead of a tab.

3. Edit the debian/compat file. The number in it should be no higher than 5. I had 7 in it and because of it, the autobuilder failed. By changing it to 5, it worked fine.

4. In MADDE do the following command:
Code:
mad dpkg-buildpackage -sa -S
5. Upload your files here.

6. Wait and hope for the best.

7. If the result in 6 is satisfactory and you want to upload an update of your package, remember to edit debian/changelog first, or else it will be rejected.

8. If the autobuilder failed, well... then I'm very sorry, but it's not my fault!

There. I think this is pretty much it. It's not that difficult when you know what needs to be done. The knowing is the tricky part here. So I hope this info could be of some help to others.
Attached Files
File Type: zip rules.zip (838 Bytes, 261 views)

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sasler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 84 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
For the app to compile in the autobuilder, you also has to check that the build-deps field in debian/control is correct (should contain all lib-devs needed to compile)

The Following User Says Thank You to Hexagoon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ireland
Thanks Sasler, this guide is a godsend.

Would you mind if i put together a wiki piece based on this to try and lay out the steps for everyone?

Shep

The Following User Says Thank You to shep For This Useful Post: