Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Hi,

I´m having trouble with locking n900.
Keyboard opens sometimes inadvertently in my pocket. I want to lock it so that it only responds to pressing power button or unlock switch and after that asks swipe to unlock.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Hi,

I´m having trouble with locking n900.
Keyboard opens sometimes inadvertently in my pocket. I want to lock it so that it only responds to pressing power button or unlock switch and after that asks swipe to unlock.
Hmmm, my N900 locks automatically after the time you set in settings and unlocks only if I use unlock switch or press power button and then swipe.
And unlock switch falls back to off position when u release it.

EDIT: When I try to open the keyboard I need to press a lot to get it open and it unlocks when it is almost fully open.

Last edited by awesome; 2009-12-28 at 14:19.

Opening the hardware keyboard also unlocks the phone for the time the keyboard is out...

You can let your n900 automatically lock the screen, not just turn it off, so you need to enter the unlock key to be turned back on.
Still won't really help with your problem, wish there was a nice case/bag available...

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Kolkata, India
i press my power button twice locks the screen...incase u feel the keyboard is out press the button twice and you are golden

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Thank you for your tips, but as HoellP stated the problem persist as keyboard inadvertently sometimes opens fully in my jeans front pocket. Especially when i sit down :|. So maybe i have to use some other place for my "phone". Of course this feels a bit stupid because I think there should be some settings in display control panel for locking device so that it only reacts to power button pressing.

Actually i think that this problem is also related to lock+answering problem where phone unlocks itself when it receives call.

Last edited by slender; 2010-02-12 at 21:38.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ India
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Thank you for your tips, but as HoellP stated the problem persist as keyboard inadvertently sometimes opens fully in my jeans front pocket. Especially when i sit down :|. So maybe i have to use some other place for my "phone". Off course this feels a bit stupid because I think there should be some settings in display control panel for locking device so that it only reacts to power button pressing.

Actually i think that this problem is also related to lock+answering problem where phone unlocks itself when it receives call.
i think using the lock utility instead of puting the phone in sleep more will be better suited for you... as it will ask password whenever you want to open it.... pressing the power button twice or using the button at the bottom will only put the phone in sleep mode