Hi
1) I have problem with installing new applications it freezes in different points
a)sometimes when i run the installation it stops on perparing installation
b)sometimes it stops in the half of progress bar on preparing installation
c)and sometimes it finishes the preparation and instals the apllication

Well the only application i was able to instal was bounce evolution and i did it on maybe fourth try and it was realy lucky because i didn't expect that it will instal anymore

So i wanted to ask if there is any solution for this problem how to maybe finish instalation or something like that

2)I wanted to ask question do you think there will be some compilation of other linux systems (ex.:ubuntu) for n900? I am just asking if you think it is possible or not. I don't want to start long discussions

Last edited by vaclnova; 2009-12-26 at 09:48.

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Your description of 1 is very vague. Does it hang the whole device? Just the app? Just stops? Does it give any error message? Is your connection good? If you can, start and Xterm (Ctrl-Shift-X from desktop) and run "top" in there when the hangs happen to see if the processor is tied up.

2. There's easy debian (search on this forum) which lets people install many debian programs. So it's certainly technically possible but most apps require quite a bit of adaption to work well with a touch-based, very high resolution system. Wait and see if someone is prepared to do it.