Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
It seems to me that nokia hates the n900. They show it no love from ovi at all.

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
From a quick look, it looks like it requires DRM for copyright protection, which means no (at least on Maemo 5)

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Does Ovi Player 2.1 support n900? Please? I like the software.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
My reply to Nokia customer support relating to Ovi Music and n900. If i get a response, I'll post it here.

"Thank you for your reply. I have three points I would like you to address:

1. I tried your suggestion and the music files did get copied to my N900 device; however the in-built music player was either unable to read the files (which were in WMA format) or did not play them due to copyright (a message popped up on my device saying "Unable to play media. Copyright protected". This appears to be only a problem with music downloaded from the Nokia Ovi Music store, so when you say "Ovi music is not yet compatible with the N900" I assume that I should find another website to download music from? Is that correct?

2. It does seem very strange to me that Nokia's own music site is unable to download music to transfer (and play) on N900 when I can go to sites such as tesco entertainment and have no problem at all. Can Nokia explain this to me?

3. Can I claim the £20 I have pointlessly paid to get credit on Ovi Music for downloads that cannot be played on my Nokia device?"

Did you get a reply from Nokia Customer support?

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Canada
Funny, I had sent an almost identical message to Nokia Customer Service about 2 weeks ago. I got the automatic reply that they would answer me in 2 working days. And that was it. Never got any message since.... I spent only 10 Euros on music as I just wanted to check it out, but nevertheless it is a shame that they didn't highlight the incompatibility of the N900 on their site...

I would be very interested to hear about your experiences!

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Tricase, Lecce (ITA)
maybe when Comes With music will be free (such in India), N900 will be supported.

I hope that Nokia release a comes with music subscription without buying a device.