Active Topics

A number (19) of files designated as "FSCKOO(number).REC" have "mysteriously" turned up on my memory card after cloning (copying) my root file system onto my 2gb MMC. Can anyone tell me what these files are, and whether they're important or useful? Many thanks.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Presumably related to fsck, the Linux File System ChecK program. If files have been damaged and it can't recreate the filename, it'll save the data to a file like that.

That's just a guess though, and as to why... who knows.

Thanks for your supposition, which likely is correct. I researched the matter on wikipedia and reluctantly concluded that that is a path down which I currently do not wish to go. In my cloning of my operating system to my mmc card, many applications were included which I had seemingly acquired and been installed en masse through my recent experiments with the Red Pill Mode. The transfer of some of these may well have generated corrupt files which were parked on my memory card for my review and possible action, neither which efforts am I inclined or qualified to undertake. I will probably delete them all, as well perhaps of some of the unintended installed applications. Thanks again.