Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hey folks,

I'm working on a university project using the BlueSMIRF bluetooth module from SparkFun (the one recommended for the PUSH competition, actually), and in order to configure it, I had to compile a serial terminal, namely, Minicom. I haven't packaged it properly yet (it's just a tarball that installs to /opt), but I thought I'd throw it up on the Internets in case it's useful to anyone. If I get around to packaging it at some point, I'll update this post, but realistically I'll probably forget.
The file is here: http://adrestia.creativemisconfigura...com-2.3.tar.gz
To create a default configuration, run (as root)
/opt/minicom-2.3/bin/minicom -s
and set it up however you want. Then use the "Save setup as dfl" option to save the system-wide default config.
Hopefully this is useful to someone. If anyone wants a Maemo 5 build, I can do that too - is /opt still an okay place for this on the N900? (Given that I'm not packaging it properly at the moment anyway)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jaem View Post
Hey folks,

I'm working on a university project using the BlueSMIRF bluetooth module from SparkFun (the one recommended for the PUSH competition, actually), and in order to configure it, I had to compile a serial terminal, namely, Minicom. I haven't packaged it properly yet (it's just a tarball that installs to /opt), but I thought I'd throw it up on the Internets in case it's useful to anyone. If I get around to packaging it at some point, I'll update this post, but realistically I'll probably forget.
The file is here: http://adrestia.creativemisconfigura...com-2.3.tar.gz
To create a default configuration, run (as root)
/opt/minicom-2.3/bin/minicom -s
and set it up however you want. Then use the "Save setup as dfl" option to save the system-wide default config.
Hopefully this is useful to someone. If anyone wants a Maemo 5 build, I can do that too - is /opt still an okay place for this on the N900? (Given that I'm not packaging it properly at the moment anyway)
Hi jeam!

I am very interessted in an Maemo 5 port (N900) of minicom. Could you please send me a package or a binary file i can use...

I am also looking for a bluetooth modul which can give me access to the serial console of unix hosts from my N900...

many thanks

Tags
bluetooth, minicom, serial, terminal