Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Over at jkkmobile the other day, he mentioned a few new tablets and convertible tablets. Several of them look interesting/compelling to me. The sexiest of the bunch is the cooorui tablet. Almost perfect, if only it ran Diablo (with support for 1024x600).

10" display
3G option
VGA/USB for KVM
nice sleek style.

The shenzen BGX tablet looks interesting as well, but less clean in the design. But, if you go to their page, it says it's linux ready (no indication of distro though).

And both the cooorui and shenzhen convertible-tablet netbooks look like they could be interesting. The cooorui has 7-12" screen options ... 10" with Diablo wouldn't hurt me at all ;-) Same with the shenzhen.

My interest is probably (in decreasing interest) ...
cooorui tablet
shenzhen convertible tablet netbook
shenzhen tablet
cooorui convertible tablet netbook

Diablo, or Mer, on those ... would be quite nice. I think that would very solidly handle my "mid range device" needs/desires. Unfortunately, at least one of them has a minimum order of 1000 units, at like $350/unit. I don't have money to throw at that right now :-}

But... my main interest in a mid-range device right now is a 10" tablet that can run Ubuntu/Mer/Maemo/Android (ideally, Ubuntu with Diablo's GUI, and ability to run Android/Dalvik apps), with KVM support, and various on-screen keyboards for when I'm on the run. So, seeing those two tablets happened at just the right time. Now I just need to figure out how to get someone to pick those products up, and offer them with the right OSes.

Hello John, I've just received this tablet, it's great. Ubuntu's working. We're installing http://blumpit.com on it (on linux/X11). I will order some more tablets, so just tell me if you want me to install something else
Olivier

What's the problem Jay ?...

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by OlivierSeres View Post
Hello John, I've just received this tablet, it's great. Ubuntu's working. We're installing http://blumpit.com on it (on linux/X11). I will order some more tablets, so just tell me if you want me to install something else
Olivier
Where'd you get it? How much was it?

Did it come with Ubuntu (which version?) or something else?

Did screen rotation work with the touch screen? (in my experience, Ubuntu's touch screen support doesn't rotate along with the display, so the get out of sync when you tell the screen to rotate)

The only other thing I'd probably test is one of the Android x86 ports.