Active Topics

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
I digress with all this N900 talk.

Here I sit in Sydney - waiting for something to show up locally, and all the local Nokia site shows is the N800 (trust me - not even the N810).

Adding to the insult, my trusted 6500 classic which was going to take me the last stretch before the N900 is released, just had a freakish accident (involving my butterfingers - a bowl of corn flakes with milk + bad placement of my phone on the table).

So here I sit without a working phone (calls fine, but no one can hear what I say)...

Nokia - please release the N900 down under, or at least update the nokia.com.au website to make us feel like being part of the (gadget) world.

p.s. Yes I know that expansys.com.au lists the N900- but the dates change more often than (I change) my underpants.

I lived in Australia for ten years - they are way behind on everything, and the stuff that you can get is prohibitively expensive. Like the US, there is a lack of independent electronics retailers. But Australia also has the disadvantage of having pretty crappy online retailers too. (online retailers in the USA are AMAZING).

Nokia did hand out some n800s to comp sci students at UNSW, but the device never sold well there (or really anywhere else to be honest - regular people didn't know what they were missing)

Try drying out your phone.... I once had a digital camera sitting in a pool of water at the bottom of my bag when i climbed Mt Fuji, I foolishly tried to turn it on (who could really resist?) anyway - it didn't work - a hair drier fixed that though... (mic still works).

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Australia
Originally Posted by nikolajhendel View Post
Did Australia drop off the (Nokia) map?
Yep.

The N800 wasn't release in Australia until after halfway into 2008 anyway. Bleeding edge as always

I digress with all this N900 talk.

Here I sit in Sydney - waiting for something to show up locally, and all the local Nokia site shows is the N800 (trust me - not even the N810).

Adding to the insult, my trusted 6500 classic which was going to take me the last stretch before the N900 is released, just had a freakish accident (involving my butterfingers - a bowl of corn flakes with milk + bad placement of my phone on the table).

So here I sit without a working phone (calls fine, but no one can hear what I say)...

Nokia - please release the N900 down under, or at least update the nokia.com.au website to make us feel like being part of the (gadget) world.

p.s. Yes I know that expansys.com.au lists the N900- but the dates change more often than (I change) my underpants.
Find someone international to ship you one.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Australia

I think the $1064 pricetag kinda killed it for me as well

So I ordered from America

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by RipTorn View Post
I think the $1064 pricetag kinda killed it for me as well

So I ordered from America
where from - and what did the price end at (including shipping) ?