Active Topics

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
I like the idea of a fancy syncing app though, something clean/elegant/functional where I can organize and configure details, album art, and set playlists then transfer to the device.
I Second that, transferring files of course works but syncing is something else IMO

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
Just not using iTunes is a big win for me...

This is a stupid question but, would the media player recognize the theora files as media after the codecs being installed? Or I should follow the file explorer path to open the files? (Which would be an annoyance.)

Revitalising this thread...

I'm currently using itunes on the home desktop PC, since we have many iPods in the house. However all the tracks used by itunes are stored on a NAS & also available streaming via wmp,dlna,daap etc

I've started off using "itunes sync" which works by syncing any itunes playlist to a USB drive -- this works fine with the N900 in usb mode.

However ideally I'd like to run some sync sw direct on the N900 and define playlists (via preferred artist, date, total size) there, pulling data diurect from NAS, ie setting it free from direct cable connect.

Any ideas?

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
  1. You have a NAS.
  2. Add the kernel module to get CIFS support so you can mount the NAS drive.
  3. Use a scripting language on the N900 to pull over files. I'd volunteer my script that pulls over a random selection of music, but it's on the computer with the bad power supply... :-(