Active Topics

Woe unto my ignorance!

All this time I have been calling the 770 The Biggest Piece of Sh*t Known to Man.

It no longer is.

The throne is now occupied by that new Sony microPC UX, which I fondled at SonyStyle yesterday.

Go on, see what a TOTALLY WORTHLESS Magnification feature is like! Go on, see if you can stick *that* brick in a pocket! Go on, SQUINT!

Bloody hell, if only Nokia could get YouTube to work on the 770, I'd start giving it some *praise.*

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Cane For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE] So what *don't like about the 770? Oh and *anything running windoze anything is going to have a bad magnification feature (one could maybe buy Zoomtext for the sony for like $600 (if the sony's actually running XP

Is this the actual, original Mike Cane or a very, very talented impostor ? :-)

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Can one fake their member status?

BTW, why does "his Caneness" change his 770 gripes randomly? This week it's YouTube, what was it last month? The colour of the buttons?

I bet he has realized he quit on the 770 too soon, but now lacks the b*lls to admit the main fault with his 770 was Mike Cane's lack of stamina.

Who is this fool, anyway? Yes, I've read his prior rantings.. but, seriously, who is he compared to someone like aflegg or gnuiite or joeschmoe? can we just put him on mute? I'm wondering how he made a senior member if he's not contributing anything of worth.

/rant

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by spycedtx
Who is this fool, anyway? Yes, I've read his prior rantings.. but, seriously, who is he compared to someone like aflegg or gnuiite or joeschmoe? can we just put him on mute? I'm wondering how he made a senior member if he's not contributing anything of worth.

/rant
Seniority is based on quantity, not quality. Mike's enthousiasm for the 770 was genuine, albeit shortlived.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Mike's enthusiasm for the Palm was genuine, albeit shortlived.
Mike's enthusiasm for the 770 was genuine, albeit shortlived.
Mike's enthusiasm for the Origami [probably] was genuine, albeit shortlived.

Mike's enthusiasm for the <insert latest gadget> was genuine, albeit shortlived.

There's a pattern forming...

Essentially he's got more money than sense, spends far too much time online posting about himself, and quite frankly needs to spend more time learning how to actually use these gadgets before he slags them when they don't bow to the will of Cane. I'm sure there's a psychological or medical disorder that explains Mike's behaviour (OCD, bipolar, or something like that). Best to ignore him, much like the other spam on this forum (in fact, the spam on this forum is generally more interesting than Cane these days).

2mike i have gotten youtube to work flawlesssly on the 770. i will outline below a 3 point direction(and 10 taps of the stylus).
1 download serge's version of mplayer that uses these options -ao gst -ac dspmp3
2 go to any site that lets you download youtube videos. as you do, note the mime type and extention type. you will nead these for step 3
3 there are directions floating around in a thread or a wiki on how to intigrate mplayer into opera. modify these using the appropriate mime type and extention.
3.5 modify the runmplayer script to use -ao gst -ac dspmp3
it will now take you a few clicks of the stylus to stream the videos of youtube or google video

Posts: 148 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Stimutax, AZ
Originally Posted by Mike Cane
Woe unto my ignorance!
Do you really think anyone gives a **** at this point?

Originally Posted by Mike Cane
Now go back to your lives -- which should *not* include me.
I'm trying to, but you just won't shut-up.

(for reference, that last quote came from here)