Active Topics

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Hey everyone, im haveing a problem downloading google satellite maps. It all started when I deleted the gsat.db file and now I get a black screen and a ''x maps failed to download'' notification. i tried changing the db directory, reinstalling maemo mapper, a hard boot, reseting and downloading repositories. any help apreciated. I have an n810 with latest firmware.

thanks

No one can help me out? This happens to me like everytime I install maemo-mappper.

thanks

I can only say that I have no idea. I have deleted the .db files many times, last time when I was fiddling with the 2.5 upgrade, and I've never observed the problem you describe. I guess the lack of responses is because it's an uncommon problem.

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
I can only say that I have no idea. I have deleted the .db files many times, last time when I was fiddling with the 2.5 upgrade, and I've never observed the problem you describe. I guess the lack of responses is because it's an uncommon problem.
Oh OK thanks for your input. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
I had the same problem with Yahoo satellite. I assumed that my .db file was corrupted so I deleted it. It created a new file and everything now works fine.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
On another Mapper subject, has anyone been successful in adding the U.S. Weather overlay. I added it to Yahoo Streets in hopes of viewing a weather layer over my city; it doesn't seem to work. My traffic overlay works great on my Google Streets map. And, yes I did install "Proj".

PS: I was wrong about the weather overlay. I assumed it did not work because I saw nothing on the map. Yesterday we finally got some rain in our area and the green and yellow rain indicators suddenly showed up!

Last edited by Den in USA; 2008-10-31 at 13:45.

Tags
maemo, mapper, n810