Notices

Hi, just a follow up on my previous post..
I have tried testing the audio and video SIP/RTP call again and it kept crashing. Someone else had reported this in the aMSN forums, but I couldn't reproduce it until now. It seems the version of farsight on the device is newer than what I had on my laptop, that's why I could only reproduce the bug on the device.. I debugged it on the N900 and found and fix the aMSN bug (now in SVN).

Once it was fixed, I tried doing audio and video calls again, and once I configured the devices correctly, video calls worked, and audio only worked in one direction. there seems to be a format negociation issue between pulsesrc and what farsight expects.. which is weird since the official maemo voip application uses pulsesrc with farsight too.. I'll have to dig deeper to figure out what's wrong..
but anyways, if you configure your audio/video settings and set your audio source to 'disabled', then you can make an audio/video call with aMSN.. you will be able to send and receive good quality H263 video over RTP, and receive audio, but you just won't be able to send your audio.. that is, until I fix it of course.

I hope everyone is happy!
KaKaRoTo

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kakaroto For This Useful Post:
That is great!!

Going to take a look at aMSN and see what I can help with

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by kakaroto View Post

p.s.: make sure you configure the webcam first, I tried aMSN with both the back and the front camera. By default /dev/video0 is the back camera, so make sure you open the lens on the back otherwise, you'll see a black window (and maybe that's why you thought your display picture just disappeared).
Hi there,

I can't seem to get my webcam working

When it says choose your device, i get 2 options.
1st is v412: omap3/et8ek8/ad5820/adp1
2nd is v412: omap3/vs6555/

and for Choose your channel, its coming camera only.

I tried both the options in different settings, and I still cant seem to get it to work

THanks again

Everytime you don't click on my blog, I kill a kitten

Hi,
The vs6555 is the front camera, the back camera is the omap3/et8ek8/ad5820/adp1.
Once you select the camera, you must also choose the channel (which is 'camera').. if you only select the device but don't select the channel, it will not switch from the currently selected device to the new selection.
Also note that with the current release firmware, the front facing camera shows very very dark images, so make sure you try putting a light bulb in front of it to see whether or not it works.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Wolverhampton
Any development on Fring ? as that now supports video calling on symbian.

hi guys, i tried video conferencing in googletalk. the video worked (very dark but still working), but the audio i can only send out, i cannot receive any audio from the opposite party.

is anyone else is experiencing this problem or is it just me? is there anything i can do to correct the problem or will i need to wait for the software to be ready. don't get me wrong, the video working is already a treat for me, i just want to understand what is happening to the audio.

I did sip video call through asterisk box to counterpath bria on pc. You have to set everything to use h263 only, but it works ok. Sometimes the n900 camera would have a hard time either starting or sending(it would flash on and off)

i cant get that video sending thing working. i have tryed those 2 settings and they work at the option but not in the chat.

anyone on my problem?

Tags
maemo 5, video call