Active Topics

please join me in a moment of silence for my dead pixel. i hadn't noticed until i was on a completely black backgroung. i wish i didn't find out. even though i don't see it most of the time, i know it''s there.

Same here. Mine is green and in the center of the screen. Honestly, I didn't notice it until I tried to watch a movie. Even then, this screen is 10x better then the one in my PSP (which has 17 dead)

Originally Posted by NokNok770
please join me in a moment of silence for my dead pixel
I had one minute silence for your dead pixel. I just hope they won't all die or we will be mute for 9 months.

Originally Posted by infinitespecter
Same here. Mine is green and in the center of the screen. Honestly, I didn't notice it until I tried to watch a movie. Even then, this screen is 10x better then the one in my PSP (which has 17 dead)
17 dead?!?! I have 1 bad pixel on my PSP, and 800x480 bad ones on my Nokia Anyway, why don't you try playing one of those movie files that colour cycles your screen rapidly. People in the PSP forums claim the process has yielded some success with stuck pixels (ie. pixels which have one or more colour transistor stuck as opposed to dead black ones).

What I got is a white, or blue-ish looking pixel on dark background. I can't see it when on light background. Does that mean I have a dead pixel or stuck pixel? And where would we find this "color cycle" file for the 770? I wonder if someone can convert this to help out some 770 users with stuck pixels.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Texas
Originally Posted by NokNok770
please join me in a moment of silence for my dead pixel. i hadn't noticed until i was on a completely black backgroung. i wish i didn't find out. even though i don't see it most of the time, i know it''s there.
Yes, that dead pixel is just staring at you. All of the time. You can't take your eyes off it. You keep poking at it with the end of the stylus hoping it will revive. The horror, the horror...

Dead pixel is black all the time, stuck pixel is always bright. So I guess you have stuck pixel. Dead pixel stay dead, but with luck stuck pixel can be fixed.

Gently massaging the pixel may help. Other method is cycling colors near the stuck pixel to make it go away. Some repair videos cycle colors on whole display area, which may generate more stuck or dead pixels so I wouldn't do it unless stuck pixel is really annoying. There are java based programs to cycle colors only on small area, but I guess we are out of luck with java.

Maybe you could measure the place of the pixel and generate repair video with avisynth for cycling pixels only at that area. Or run repair video on whole display and hope you can break so many pixels, that it will be coverd by warranty...

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Stuck-P...an-LCD-Monitor

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Does anybody have dead black pixels on Nokia 770? I read somewhere that dead pixels color depends on TFT type. For TN film type that is used in Nokia 770, dead pixels are bright.

PS. I also have a bad/stuck/whatever bright pixel at the bottom of screen

Here try this.

This will take awhile but it worked on my Zodiac trying to fix a dead pixel.

I have OCD too and I know how it is to have a dead pixel.

This takes awhile so don't lose interest!

Push on the dead pixel till you start seeing the multicolors (do this for 5 seconds).

Then after 5 seconds start "massaging" the area by doing a figure 8 on the dot. Make sure you can barely see colors from the pushing. Do this for 5 minutes.

Afterwards take your stylus of and turn the screen off. If I recall correctly this should remove the dot.

Also, another suggestion is to try Stratera. It works well on OCD and ADHD :-)

SJ30-Tungsten E- Zodiac 2-?

Does the location column count?

I had one too. I noticed it the day I got my 770 from nokia.
I had 1 stuck pixel (white) in the middle of the screen.

I called Nokia, and they told me to ask for my money back and send the nokia 770 back to them. And after that I could order another one (that turned out to have a perfect screen).

I couldn't get an answer if it is covered under warrenty or not, but the guy at Nokia said that it didn't matter because I was allowed to get my money back within 8 day in any case.