Active Topics

I have an N800 and an N810. the 810 is currently my day to day machine and I like it a lot.

I'm pondering playing with KDE (and maybe Debian later) but what is the user experience like on the N800 compared to the 810? Does lack of a hardware keyboard make life too hard with KDE?

How easy is the onscreen to use, and how easy is setting right click when you don't have a hardware kb to give you extra keys?

Is anyone using KDe on an N800?

The Following User Says Thank You to Zebee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
There is no numbers on the on-screen keyboard and i do believe that the right click is the center button on the d-pad.

If i was to give it a fair rating from 1-10, i wold give it a 7.

p.s. you shuld install Debian too, you get a similar expreince to maemo like a fully functional on-screen keyboard and much like maemo you can press and hold your styles to right click pluse you get a fully functional desktop, the only real bad side is that it is a pain to get wifi and sound working properly.
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35