Notices

Hi guys, is there any way to change the MicroB user-agent? I want to try those fancy iphone-designed version of some websites...

Regards!

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Use about:config, search for user.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Check out: http://www.zytrax.com/tech/web/mobile_ids.html

and these three threads:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=14259

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...t=15630&page=2

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=16282

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
I wonder if the forum can be configured such that newbies can only post in sections other than Newbie AFTER they have accumulated a set number of legitimate posts.

(rant warning)
It's ridiculous that we get so many questions being brought up that the search function could have answered if newbies could only be bothered to look.

I was never this critcal of newbies using the search button until I came to this forum, and seriously, I never thought I'd see anything worse than the newbies in some of the automotive forums that I frequent, but either society as we know it is getting really spoiled from all the spoonfeeding and instant gratification IRL, or tech and automotive forums attract the worst kinds of newbies -- the ones who don't bother to SEARCH.

rant over, back to regular programming

general.useragent.override and set value to whatever agent you want.

edit: why is this in apps?

Originally Posted by ghoonk View Post
I wonder if the forum can be configured such that newbies can only post in sections other than Newbie AFTER they have accumulated a set number of legitimate posts.

(rant warning)
It's ridiculous that we get so many questions being brought up that the search function could have answered if newbies could only be bothered to look.

I was never this critcal of newbies using the search button until I came to this forum, and seriously, I never thought I'd see anything worse than the newbies in some of the automotive forums that I frequent, but either society as we know it is getting really spoiled from all the spoonfeeding and instant gratification IRL, or tech and automotive forums attract the worst kinds of newbies -- the ones who don't bother to SEARCH.

rant over, back to regular programming
I'm probably a newbie but the search function sucks, and big time.

In fact, after I typed the subjet of my question the forum automatically tried to search similar threads of what I was asking. And you know what? None of them answered my question.

But I get your point and maybe you are right, but the fact is I tried the search button I couldn't find an answer because of my newbie condition.

Have a wonderful day =)

The Following User Says Thank You to amigokin For This Useful Post:
The search function does suck (use the google one instead.. WhateverYouAreLookingFor site:internettablettalk.com)

Anyway, what I want to know is if it's possible to have a user agent switcher (extension?). Yeah you can change the default user agent string but is it possible to have it like Firefox and Opera "Identify me as IE, Identify me as Firefox, Identify me as Opera).

Ideally you could add things like "Identify me as Mobile" "Identify me as iPhone"

That way you could switch on the fly. Or rather switch, close browser, reopen and it recognizes you as that instead.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Hi guys, sorry by the delay but follows a link to the post about MicroB user agent switcher:
http://browser-extras.garage.maemo.org/news/8/

Good luck!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pedralho For This Useful Post:
What is the current MicroB's User-agent field?
I'd like to install a program from ovi-store, but download it to the PC first. It doesn't allow it if the User-Agent is not correct.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
"Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux armv7l; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.3pre) Gecko/20100723 Firefox/3.5 Maemo Browser 1.7.4.8 RX-51 N900"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post: