Active Topics

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Brasil
http://www.internettablettalk.com/ga...oto=84&cat=503

First I tried to compile it under scratchbox, but it proved impossible (to me at last... I know s*** about imake, which is used by x48, and couldn't get it to compile in ARM9 target. In fact, I know s*** about maemo development as well). Then I reasoned that the Zaurus port, being for StrongArm, couldn't be that different and it was worth a trial... it took a long time to figure out how to replace the expected fonts specified in Xresource but then... voila!

Well, it is far from perfect though. It must be run from the command line, it is very slow and it seems that my N770 got somewhat unstable. But it is a start. I hope someone more knowledgeable than me will port this soon!

hp48! yummy! (you survived imake/xmkmf? nice!)

OMG!!! i want that!

Phooey on those newfangled devices.

Real men use a Dietzgen Slide Rule.

Posts: 148 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Stimutax, AZ
Originally Posted by dandrewk
Phooey on those newfangled devices.

Real men use a Dietzgen Slide Rule.

Excellent. I can't wait to get this port of a slide rule running on my 770!

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ the praeternatural tower
Who needs new-fangled gadgets like Slide Rules?
I want to get an astrolabe working on my 770.
I found an astrolabe written in Java, but it will have to be translated into Python or something.
http://www.projectrho.com/misc/JavaAstrolabe.zip

Hi, it would be great if it could be used in vertical mode with proper orientation of the keys and the screen. It would also be possible to remove the softkeys and have them respond to stylus-clicks on top of the actual on-screen key (if not already)

HP 48 is one of my best memories of school... and also a complete waste of time if wrong s/w is installed...:P