I'm using the virtual machine image provided by Nokia. I was able to successfully build and install a minicom deb using it so I was pretty happy. I want to compile some kernel modules for some CAN hardware I have so I want to download the kernel source.

So I downloaded the maemo-sdk-install_4.0.sh script and ran it from a terminal inside the VM image. It gets to the point where it tries to update the repositories with "apt-get update" and barfs with "Temporary failure resolving 'repository.maemo.org".

I have network connectivity inside scratchbox. I have disk space, I can't think of what else to try. I get a recommendation about editing the hosts line in /scratchbox/etc/nsswitch.conf but the recommended edits were already there.

I did try search but I can't seem to find a resolution to my problem.

David

Just to be sure: can you open a browser inside vmware and reach sites ok? If not then check the DNS settings. In my case I use my routers IP address but you may need specific ones from your ISP.

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue and my Virtual Machine is well connected to internet. Up to today I can't do an apt-get update neither upgrade or nothing related to networking using the sandbox.

Regards,

Taguapire.

I have no problem with connectivity inside my VM either. Anybody have any ideas?

David

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ La Pêche, Québec, Canada
I've had this problem before -- in scratchbox, I had to manual edit /etc/resolv.conf to ensure that the correct hostname was used for my nameserver. Never figured out why sometimes it was set to localhost.

Robert B.

You have to make sure that the wired interfaceis enabled and on DHCP in Applications, System, Networking and also do a sudo cp /etc/resolv.conf /scratchbox/etc/resolv.conf once you have done the first thing. This should solve the network problems.
AbiWord on Maemo beta now available - contact me to help fix bugs!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to megabyte405 For This Useful Post: