Active Topics

amongst its many other good things, this forum is the best place to actually feedback to nokia about their NITs as far as I can see.

If anyone can point me in a better direction (Texrat, Mara, Quil?) I'd appreciate it.

My 770 is still in daily use (now owned by my girlfriend, whose vaio is left at home) and my 800 is my travelling interent connection and mini entertainment cenre.

So I want to feedback to Nokia that the 08os is one step forward and several steps back.

Battery life - worse, not improved as claimed

Volume levels - decreased

browser crashes now common

and everytime great ideas are rolledback! the "intellegent" menus that knew if you were using finger or stylus - gone

the thumboard now virtually impossible to call up

screen responsiveness worse - impossible to close apps with the top right hand corner button, even with stylus

it just seems everthing is released unfinished, undone, and even then late.

Other than that, Happy New Year to all

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
From my 810 experience:
Originally Posted by flareup View Post
Rarely

Works, requires a double tap
screen responsiveness worse - impossible to close apps with the top right hand corner button, even with stylus
No problem for me

The "thumboard" on mine does require a double tap, but usually I can call it up readily.
PLEASE use the Wiki

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
amongst its many other good things, this forum is the best place to actually feedback to nokia about their NITs as far as I can see.
Yeah . . . no. This is a terrible place to send Nokia feedback about the NITs. The big players at Nokia don't care a lick about ITT.

If anyone can point me in a better direction (Texrat, Mara, Quil?) I'd appreciate it.
For bugs, you want maemo's bugzilla, for complaints and suggestions, you want Nokia Support.

So I want to feedback to Nokia that the 08os is one step forward and several steps back.

Battery life - worse, not improved as claimed
This varies on usage, if you spend all of your time doing really heavy CPU tasks, then battery life will be decreased. This isn't really a valid complaint, as many others (including myself) have had increased battery life (due to the same CPU throttling that gave you your reduced life).

Volume levels - decreased
So I've heard several times, but can't actually confirm myself. If you can do a real comparison and get more than an "I think" answer, then hop on over to bugzilla, search to make sure that a bug hasn't already been posted, and post a new one if there hasn't been.

Did you restore from backup? I've had 3 browser crashes since the N810 firmware. General stability has been much improved over OS2007. There's a bug on this if you want to investigate a solution.

and everytime great ideas are rolledback! the "intellegent" menus that knew if you were using finger or stylus - gone
Personally, I prefer the new menu, as it was damn near impossible to get the thumb menu up while driving. This should really be a user setting, though.

A bug has already been raised. Just use the d-pad for 100% reliable thumbboard activation.

it just seems everthing is released unfinished, undone, and even then late.
Perhaps, but it's still a long sight better than any previous OS release (and not much worse than any of Apple or Microsoft's 1.0 releases). Give it until the 1.1 release and most of these issues will clear up.