Hi folks! I'm really impressed with the capabilities of my week-old N810, and the other day I successfully upgraded to the new 2.2007.50-2 firmware, which seems (touch wood!) to have made the RSS reader more stable.

However I've noticed in many of the desktop screenshots that people have posted, their RSS Applet displays about a dozen headlines. Mine only displays 3! Each one occupies two lines (however wide I make the applet) and with a blank line under each.

I've tried all the menu items I can find, and searching these forums (using Google) for things like "RSS applet configuration" or "RSS applet setup" and I still can't find any clues on how to make my applet display more data ... do I have to tweak a config file somewhere? (I'm quite happy with xterms and vi!)

Thanks in advance for any clues, Simon.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Since OS 2008, the RSS applet no longer truncates the article heading but wraps it instead, resulting in only a handful of articles visible at any one time (I get about 3.5). If you make the applet wider, to fill the width of the entire desktop you may be able to view more items, but then it will look sh1t.

In OS 2007, the applet truncated articles and was far more usable.

This is a prime example of two steps forward, one step back in OS 2008.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
There's also no summary shown when you click on an item - so you've got to open the full RSS reader anyway.

It's at least pretty and doesn't delete stuff :-/

Thanks for the replies folks ... seems like I should stop searching for a config option that doesn't exist, then :-(

Oh well: I guess I won't miss what I've never had! Simon.