I just got this. (sorry for necro'ing) I too like the increased robustness the case provides. However, I'm worried about the top portion limiting the key space on the keyboard. It's doable, but that is not my real complain. My complain is while one is typing they will constantly put pressure on the top screen, which is already extended as far as it's designed to go. I wonder if this will wear out the sliding mechanism.

Anyone had this case for a while and noticed and degradation to your screens sliding ability?

2d

The Following User Says Thank You to 2disbetter For This Useful Post:
While there is slightly less space for typing on the top row of keys, there is a bevel cut into the edge so your fiunger can kindoff extend a mm or so 'under' the cover. It is kinda hard to explain.

No the pressure of your fingers typing against the cover will not loosen your slider (not in my case, I have had the OB case on for ~4 months)

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
I'm thinking of getting another case for my new spare n900... is this still the best case? or does anyone have a better one worth looking at?

The Following User Says Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
I personally do not think there's any other better cases for N900 apart from Otterbox case. I have tried those clear cases for N900 (a generic brand-less case) and they were fragile, One small drop and the screen portion of the clear case cracked.

When I purchased my 3rd N900 the seller provided two complete protective cases. Again these are not Otterbox branded case and I've found them fitting on the screen very loosely. I suspect the little plastic tabs were either broken off or the case was never developed properly. It also happens that with the provided 3rd N900 was yet another set of protective cover but only for the screen part and that was also broken.

So in a nutshell, no I've not come across any tougher case than Otterbox case myself. I have bought it at least 6 months ago and it still is going strong after a fair amount of repetitive removing and installing of the cases from the device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Def. the best overall IMO, I researched heavily for mths about 18mths ago.
I couldn't find anything w/a better mix of qualities for my needs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
thanks guys... they're getting harder to find now
only found on otterbox.com, still in stock

The Following User Says Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
i'm not sure if you've read about it but placing the phone on your ear needs a little bit of getting used to with the case on. the edge of the case surrounding the screen is not smooth so it hurts a bit when you don't hold it properly. the hole for the headphone jack's also a bit small so i had to make some adjustment to make my cables fit. it provides great protection, though. those are just some minor issues i think you should know.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
I have one of these and I agree -
Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
it provides great protection, though. those are just some minor issues i think you should know.
- kinda like the N900: it's great but there are some issues!

- Pain at top of ear, from sharp edge, if not held correctly.
- The AV cable that comes with the device does not fit into the cover for the 3.5 mm socket. The headphones do with a little effort.
- Be EXTRA careful with the charging cable. I think it's easier to mess up the USB with a case on because you can't align it with your fingers around the USB port.

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by amebes View Post
Does the screen protector affect the responsiveness of the screen?
absolutely not

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tim_de_wolf For This Useful Post:
Does anyone still have the case please?

I'm desperate to find it anywhere, no old-new stock available, no used on ebay...
I had it, I loved it, after 9 years it broke (while I already had 3 different N900s).

Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to pdanek For This Useful Post: