Active Topics

A-Hah. I see the problem. I am using my old Plam desktop that came with my Palm TX. It's version 4.2. I see you have a Palm desktop from ACCESS.

If you have the old Palm software, that would probably work. If you don't have it, my thought would be to uncheck everything in your Applications dropdown before the hotsync. However you have another issue that needs to be resolved first. Don't give up, I use a complex application every day and never get a problem.

You probably need a fresh install of Garnet on the tablet to clear all the crud first.

Then you need to empty Backup folder in Windows (under c:\Program Files\Palm\MyUserID\Backup). Best to just rename it and create a new empty 'Backup' folder.

Now uncheck everything in your Palm desktop as above (app dropdown) and try to sync.

Now you should have garnet installed on the tablet with the basic six apps and your username registered.

Now try and install any app that needs a key which will also be looking for a correct username (which is now there)

One other tip, copy all the install software to your external card, don't try to install over wifi - it doesn't work for some reason.

Let me know how you get on. There are a couple of real experts that may also be able to offer even better insight (pushwall and TA-t3).

Cheers, Derek

The Following User Says Thank You to dfinch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Oh sweet, I didn't know Pushwall was good at this stuff.

I'll have to try and tag him sometime this weekend and abuse him for an hour.

Anyway, first little road bump... there is no c:\Program Files\Palm\MyUserID\Backup folder that I'm seeing.

Hey Derek, any chance we could speak online somewhere right now?

You probably had a tough day so I'll understand if you would rather pass out instead.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Pure and unadulterated happiness!

Thanks Derek for finding my mistake of me trying to Hotsync the files over WiFi instead of using the memory card instead.

I couldn't be more thrilled right now!

I think I should be removed from the lists of experts on this
-- at least for the hotsync stuff, because I stopped hotsynching my Palm years ago.. I use the Palm directly for everything. I use networking for updates, and the calendar etc. is kept in one single place: The Palm itself. Nothing on the Palm goes via a PC for me.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Pure and unadulterated happiness!

Thanks Derek for finding my mistake of me trying to Hotsync the files over WiFi instead of using the memory card instead.

I couldn't be more thrilled right now!
Well we did a lot more than necessary perhaps but at least you know some essential steps for future reference.

BTW I suggest a couple more steps now.

1. Backup your GVM store file for easy resore in case of future install failure.

2. Make a one line launch command for the osso-statusbar (if you have that) to enable quick launching straight to the application without seeing the garnet desktop.

Do a search here on itt or I can help you later sometime.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
I think I should be removed from the lists of experts on this
-- at least for the hotsync stuff, because I stopped hotsynching my Palm years ago.. I use the Palm directly for everything. I use networking for updates, and the calendar etc. is kept in one single place: The Palm itself. Nothing on the Palm goes via a PC for me.
You are still an expert in my eyes. It was you who patiently walked me through much of what I know today. So thanks again to you!

Tags
garnet, palm