View Single Post
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
Actually, this is way too overhyped.
AFAIK the "backdoor" in those Intel processors is usually disabled by most laptop manufacturers on most commercial laptops.
Well, I kinda agree. As i said, even an old Thinkpad isnt perfect.

But then its absolutely uncertain, if the laptop manufacturers can deactivate it completely.
And what if there are more backdoors? After Ed. Snow. you should know that everything theoretically possibe to break ones privacy, will get used or is getting used.
And Intel, being an american company, has to grant the gov access to their backdoors, by law.

I probably sound very paranoid right now. And you wouldn't be in the wrong of you'd tell me to throw away all of my electronic devices and never use the Internet again, because the stuff i wrote here, the mindset it projects, isn't compatible with them and the internet...But well, nowadays you cant give up all this stuff.
And even of you cant trust your hw, at least, you can try your best to choose the most trustworthy hw and sw.

Says me, a person who owns several highly untrustworthy devices.

I kinda feel, that I moved away from the original topic.

2x N900 - both for sale, 1x in mint condition with a qwerty keyboard (with box and all accessories) and 1x in used condition with qwertz keyboard. PM me[/B]

1x N9 16GB cyan, made in Finland - for sale PM me

1x Jolla - for sale PM me

iPhone SE - lost

iPhone 7 - 128GB
Surface Pro 4 M3 - Win10 is buggy...
Lenovo Thinkpad W520 - Xubuntu
Lenovo Thinkpad X200 - Libreboot and Trisquel

Last edited by NX500; 2017-07-27 at 15:54.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NX500 For This Useful Post: