View Single Post
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Well in this case, it depends on the amount of times you unlock your device...
Not exactly. Your script send info on detecting device lock and unlock, but to get that info, it need to monitor *every* signal, i.e. keyboard open/close, camera button pressed, proximity sensor covered or not etc. And, filter out phone lock and unlock for that.

That uses a lot of resources = power, I would say.

Originally Posted by GigaByte
@Estel
Sorry for popping in but,
karam has provided a battery patch which reduces vfs_cache_pressure to 10 while the device is idle, and back to 100 when it is active. Many users stated that this gave tremendous battery life including me, and this patch is integrated into ammyt's patch along with other goodies which will further increase battery life so...
Until someone provide easily-doable measurements proving that, it didn't happened AFAIK I haven't seen *single* one able to prove such subjective observations. Call it placebo effect.

// Edit

How to measure? For example, download shadowjk's bq27200.sh script, run it in loop mode ('bq27200.sh 5'), lock device. After 30 seconds, check average current (it shows average current from last 5 seconds, in 5 second interval). Repeat procedure witout lowering vfs_cache_pressure to 10.

More accurate test, would be to run same script outside loop mode (without '5' argument), on phone with properly calibrated (check my signature) fuel gauge, then lock in for few hours (10h, for example), unlock it after such time, and check how available mAh changed. Repeat same thing under same circumstances with vfs_cache_pressure 100 and phone also locked.

Curious ones may also test locked phone with our without this script at all, to check difference

Ps.

I'm not trying to depreciate value of work presented here - I'm saying that, to be correctly understood. Also, I feel sorry for OP of having to deal with trisha I suggest You to put him/her/it into ignore list... Hopeless case.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-09-05 at 17:18.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: