View Single Post
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
No, the last official word came from Peter at Maemo marketing. He said "November".

The only Official words to date have been Oct 26th and November. Words from a sales department, however well informed, even the company's own sales department are not Official.

As for badgering people High Up at Nokia, do you really think that's a good idea? All it will do is get people more hacked off.

The team planned to release it a fortnight after the 300 were loaned. They realised there was more to do, so set it back 'about a month'. I'm quite sure that the relevent people are working flat out on Whatever It Is they decided to improve so it will be available asap. Remember, Nokia themselves have a pile of money tied up in this, along with a lot of corporate kudos. They want it in the shops before the holiday shoping starts more than we do!

Cut them a break. Yes, it's a pain. Frankly, I never believed the 9th was a real date. We will hear as soon as the devices are flashed with the release firmware and start shipping out of the factories, which as far as I know are in somewhere far flung like South America, not anywhere near Nokia UK (Milton Keynes?) or even Finland.

I'd love to believe the devices will be in people's paws this week. But it ain't gonna happen.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post: