Thread: [SailfishOS] [WIP] cameraplus for Sailfish OS
View Single Post
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by norayr View Post
I need to say, that Cameraplus is much better than stock camera application in terms of resulting file quality. Not as good as "a better camera", it's far behind, but it's much better than stock app. That's why I would like it to work. (: It does not since the latest os upgrade.
That is surprising because I don't do anything special to improve the quality. I just give the user control and let him decide how he wants to take the photos. Could you please share a picture taken by "a better camera" and cam+ so I can perhaps try to improve?

Why does it not launch? Could you launch it from the terminal and paste the full output?

Originally Posted by norayr View Post
I don't think raw data from the sensor does not need processing. It needs to be processed and saved as .dng (adobe dng is open format). FCamera for n900 and Leicas also use that file format.

Believe me, I could get uncomparably better photos from n900 produced raw images than i could with jpegs. I believe raw photos are essential feature if you can implement it, of course.
I totally understand but what I am trying to say is raw data is device dependent and there is no clear documentation regarding its format. I will try to investigate but currently I am busy with the GStreamer 1.x migration for Sailfish and devices other than Jolla phone to use cam+

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post: