View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Skype has got numerous several in-built flaws; including but not limited to:
  • closed protocol that allows owners to spy on your messages & conversations
  • closed application that allow owners to run unknown and potentially evil functionality on your devices
  • policy of the owners to ban IP addresses at will, for example known TOR entry points
That may be the case, but as far as I am concerned, it also has one built-in advantage: everyone I know uses it.

As far as they are concerned, the advantages are the ease of use and the richness of features. As far as I am aware, there is no other single tool that combines all the features of Skype in a single product.

The whole point of a communication tool is... communication. What is the point of having a super-duper communication tool and no one to communicate with?

Lastly, the very example of Yet Another Free Tool that no one ever uses, already at least the fourth only since I joined this forum in 2012, shows how short-lived those are. All my friends, relatives and work relations have been using Skype for well over 15 years. Show me a single open-source product that has been in popular use for at least 10% of that period.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: