View Single Post
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
This is straying too deeply into politics but:
1. Would you really want the government producing an OS? Really? It is a rhetorical question but if you wish to answer it, please think about it before you do.
2. That vegetable thing is a myth. A popular one but still a myth.
all this mobile tech development since 200X has been strongly influenced by politicians & intelligence agencies once they woke up to see the possibilities.

1. sure thing, my theoretical government that is only concerned with my happiness and well being not at the cost of creating or supporting misery in other countries far from my bed does need to take action and put an end to the actually situation we suffer right now that is OS development by for profit organizations that as a bonus highly likely maintain a very strong intelligence sharing connection to that exact type of (foreign yet over influential) government you are referring to. Those corporations while seducing people with fun services prove over and again to not be worthy of our attention, data and trust when exploiting naive toy addicted selfie people as their spying drones.

Ok for government sponsored mobiles devices that last 10 years and kindly focus on software development & security...even though unrealistic I would stand strongly with this opinion if I was living in one of the countries currently in the cross hairs. You don't want the enemy to read your minds.
We trust the government with our drinking water for ...x sake, euh wait..
Bring on that OS, funding, marketing, the local jobs and make it a proud export product to take or leave those other countries loving honest mobile communication.

It will take time to reset. EU was somewhat funding Symbian development for implementation in Washing Machines etc.. Ignoring the fact that some companies are too important to be purchased away in smart business deals and they EU could not quit the chosen path..
Skype + Nokia shareholders should have been guided/seduced/ purchased to accept government sponsored (side) project with better funding than Microsoft had offered.
Today the momentum, factories and teams are gone.
Start from scratch with less than we could have had in 2013 is a sad thing to do but looking forward, why not, at some point someone has to call the scam for what it was and act upon it..If we really need these tech things that is.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post: