View Single Post
Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Hello,

i have a question regarding the installation over apt-get. A friend of me had installed a game on his device with the apt-get command. I would like to have this app too, but the app is not available anymore over the apt-get command.

We have searched for it with mc commander and found the directory. We have also zipped it to a tar.gz file. But now we dont know, how to send this app to my device.

Now my questions:

1. is it possible the way we did it: to compress the whole directory and decompress it on my device to the same directory and will it work or do i make something wrong then (or is some kind of installation process needed like in windows)

2. where should we copy the compressed file to, to be able to send it via bluetooth (with petrovich)

3. how to install this compressed file? just decompress it in the right folder and thats it or is more work needed?

If anyone with a little bit linux knowledge would answer my 3 questions, it would be sooo great!

P.S. I'm an absolute Linux-noob...

Last edited by Brock; 2010-01-13 at 18:01.