View Single Post
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Now there is a subforum specific for Handset discussion at http://forum.meego.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Do you think people would be less confused if the forum thread(s) to discuss the pure-open-source-rpm-MeeGo support in the N900 would be located in the new Handset subforum at meego.com?

They are fully on-topic there, and every time someone would get confused we could tell (at least for now) that the pure MeeGo is discussed mainly in meego.com (makes sense).

Even if MeeGo-Harmattan-deb-with-Nokia-apps is strictly not maemo.org, this subforum has been here for a while and there is probably something good about keeping here N900 users willing to discuss about Harmattan Ovi Maps for the N900 etc.

Every time someone would rise a topic about Nokia closed apps, Ovi services etc at meego.com we could tell that Nokia Conversations or talk.maemo.org are better places for that (makes also sense?)
Just my 2 cents, but why wouldn't you want to keep all related material in one place (meego.com)? It is fairly confusing as it is, trying to keep posters in the right thread, let alone trying to keep posters on the right site.

I think it would really turn people off to tell them, no that topic doesn't belong on this site, please go to this other site to discuss that, only to have them ask another question and be told that belongs back at the first site. It's a branding problem, harmatten is not really maemo, not really meego.

I wouldn't mind seeing updates here, but I think all real discussion should be kept together, probably on the meego site.