View Single Post
Thanks sicelo, cool little app.
But yes, YMMV a lot!

Results are very inconsistent, I mean non linear, changing.
I tried to test these supl servers for hours but I'm not f*ç%&%& able to get an objective result. I still cannot know which is the most efficient and reliable. Once I get a lock fast with google, sometimes it takes like 10 minutes, sometimes forever... Some other servers work, then no more... (I allways test from the same place)

Tried to put all servers ans IPs into /etc/hosts, than tried just with one by one (allways keeping localhost, of corse)...

After all, i'd say google gives the "less whorse" results though, but it's just an impression.

I have also tried the supl package but I think I haven't ben able to set it up correctly however I followed the wiki page strictly.
I didn't understand really how to deal with the domain that
"does not necessarily need to exist however, but it is a good idea to use a domain that you have control of" hmm...

Another impression: lock is coming faster on the stock n900 than on the CSSU-t one. Sometimes lock is ok in seconds with stock one.

Can it be that the supl package had leaved some perturbing traces on the system after removing it?

Did someone get more serious results?
With proxy or without?

I know it'd be easier with a brand new temptating Pro1 but no no no, I'll not be weak, I I keep using on my n900 every day! (until tomorrow at least).

edit: I ended up by rebooting between every test.
My pesudo should have been editman...

Last edited by ric9K; 2019-11-29 at 22:29.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post: