View Single Post
Originally Posted by mfrasca View Post
consider there's this Telethon library, for Python3. ...
so, I was a bit overconfident, I had tested it on my desktop, and my desktop is debian 9, with python3.5. Now I have copied the same files I was testing to both my N9 and N900 and I have met several problems, none of which is specific to telethon, but to the library versions on my phones.

the python versions I have are:
N900: 2.5 (stock), 2.7 (community), 3.4 (community)
N9: 2.6 (stock), 3.1 (stock)

user@Maemo:~$ openssl version
OpenSSL 0.9.8zf 19 Mar 2015

user@MeeGo:~$ openssl version
OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009 (Library: OpenSSL 0.9.8r 8 Feb 2011)

on both systems I have git

1) I don't manage to install pip, on neither system. the error I have is InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail., and this I actually have all over the place, not being able to open any https page.

2) on N9 you need the get-pip for python2.6, which is still available. but it would be nicer if we had python2.7, or we have it and I missed it? but anyhow, I still end with the above error, also in MeeGo.

3) running python3 setup.py build needs setuptools, and I can do apt-get install python3-setuptools on MeeGo, but not on Maemo.

4) the stock python3.1 on MeeGo has so many differences from the python3 used in Telethon, that I gave up after three edits.

as said these aren't exclusively related to Telethon, it's just a plain need to update the systems.

both need a newer OpenSSL library.
is there a newer python3 for meego?
where do we get python3-setuptools for maemo?

Last edited by mfrasca; 2018-05-06 at 14:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mfrasca For This Useful Post: