View Single Post
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
mmm... No. Ever heard of pipng your stuff via vpn to and from a secure location... better yet, use tor to totally hide where's the other endpoint
mmmm... Yes. But I said "mostly". And I still think that even as it is possible to hide yourself completely, most smartphone users are not doing that. I don't know if they should, but anyway. But I think that the biggest problem in one's privacy is the person himself and how he acts in the Internet. Not any secret FBI backport hidden to the code, or Google's / iOS's forced account registration but the user. So I think that advertising Librem phone as most secure smartphone is almost lying, as it doesn't make most people act any more secure so nothing changes It's like saying to a customer that just buying that excercise bike will make you lose weight I'm joking but also got your point. I know that there is several options to make your browsing/internet using more secure. But I was originally speaking about the predictable sales of Librem phones. How I think that Purism isn't offering yet enough reasons for general public to buy the phone. Which may make them end up like Jolla did... Good thing is that the phone is not their only product.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post: