View Single Post
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Price adjusting for the new higher cost of mugen covers.

--- old news ---
First MOD was with the 2 fake ys4u battery's.
of course this has no real benefit because of the low capacity.

--------- Mod 2 - 2x 'christgift' ---------

Second MOD has the 2x 1250mAh battery's from 'christgift'

Have not included a schematic because this new 2512mAh battery uses the circuit from one of the new battery's, so now the circuit is where it normally is, and now there are only 2 wires (+ & -) to worry about.

The 2mm DC has a direct connection to the battery's before the protection circuit, i use a dedicated charger this way.

The new battery really really works
Can really feel the 2512mAh or the 90%+ increase in capacity. If any of the new battery's that are in route are better (1300mAh+) than it would be MOD nr 3.

And so far it's 25$ for 2x battery's and mugen cover.
Of course the price so far has been higher because of all the battery's i have bought, but that is all so for testing purposes and to make a big buyers guide for you out there.

--------- Mod 3 - 2x Japod ---------

This 3 mod has 2x Japod 1350mAh battery's and has a total of 2763mAh, a 109% increase in capacity from the stock original nokia battery but does cost 10$ more than mod 2.

--------- Mod 4 - 2x Scud ---------
Name:  19032011254.jpg
Views: 55343
Size:  59.2 KB
Name:  19032011263.jpg
Views: 54510
Size:  27.8 KB
Dual Scud Battery.zip
Zip contains additional photos of the dual scud battery

This 4 mod has 2x Scud 1420mAh battery's and has a total of 3044mAh, a 130% increase in capacity from the stock original nokia battery (1320mAh)

Price: 32$
17$ - 2x Scud 1420mAh + shipping
15$ - Mugen XL cover
Just corrected the price, i only paid 17$ for 2x!!!!!!

--------- Dual Battery Schematic ---------
Name:  Dual Battery setup.jpg
Views: 54587
Size:  37.5 KB

--------- Disassemble Battery ---------
NOTE: Pictures is of the crappy battery from 'londonmagicstore', didn't have any more scud battery's to take pictures of....
Battery Dissemble.zip
Zip contains photos of what to do
Youtube Video of the disassemble of the battery

Description will come soon...

--------- Mugen Cover ---------
ATTENTION: Mugen has changed it's policy on selling these covers, now you have to submit a order nr. for previous bought mugen battery... or you can submit a picture of your broken cover to prove that you have bought a mugen cover/battery before. This of course makes it very hard/impossible to make a dual battery....
NEWS (11/8) octagonhead tried to order a cover with a random/fake order number and it worked, so as stated input 50002XXXX (replace the x's with some small random number, less than 3000) in the previous order nr, and until mugen again scratches their head this should work.
How to buy the mugen cover.
Go to https://www.mugen-power-batteries.co...backdoor.html# and order HLI-N900XL, dont worry about if you never have ordered a mugen battery they don't check, as of now i have got 3 covers and i have never bought any mugen battery's ever.
HtheB wanted to add that if you use the voucher code FACEBOOKSPECIAL you get a 7% discount (this if for everything on the mugen website, not just the XL-Cover)

--------- Other Users Mods & Info---------
'sEKI' Nice looking dual Blue Dream Battery
'zimon' Very simple and easy to do
'cantruchd' Very simple and battery's can be reused as singles
'KetkuFIN' The NON-Mugen cover version of a dual battery
'electristan' Take on the 'cantruchd' mod
'wakko' version done like my version
'sanros' Dual Scud using 'cantruchd's mod
'Estel' Extra mugen cover modding, camera lens shutter
'dr_frost_dk' BatteryGraph of Dual Scud POWER!!!
'dr_frost_dk' My simple and cheap external/internal charger

So if you think this is useful just click "Thanks!"

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2012-04-13 at 22:05.

The Following 133 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
aanckar, abubakar, Alfred, AlMehdi, amin007110, arnoldux, arvind, Atarii, bat_malin, blipnl, BLIZZARD, bman, Bondage Monkey, Breeze5, British, cantruchd, Char, cjp, clovis86, corduroysack, csaba93, CutterSlade, D4rKlar, Dark_Angel85, davedickson, deny_winarto, Digicom, doctor madness, drangina, dvergin, eL.ectron1k, electristan, elie-7, eMiL, enekux, Estel, esthreel, ezmendriz, F2thaK, festivalnut, flydeep, Frappacino, fusi, fw190, gerdich, ghzroy, gnv, greatmanlxw, GuruCrash, guyr, hardy_magnus, hatt, hawaii, Helmuth, hgroove, hrbani, HtheB, ibrakalifa, ILikeMaemo, inkirby, insanelysexy, J4ZZ, Jaag, joerg_rw, jurop88, KetkuFIN, kingoddball, leviathan0297, littlebadger, maemo55, Maj3stic, maluka, Mentalist Traceur, mitxela, moepda, mrsellout, mr_bridger, myeyegooogles, nagato, Naomik, nashith, ndi, Nexus7, nicholes, nology, noobmonkey, noorallah, OVK, panjgoori, phr, Radu, redkarma, Remus, retsaw, Russe89, sake, SalmanAbbas, samipower, sanchdaniel, sanros, sEKI, shanttu, sifo, skalogre, SSLMM, stlpaul, stopgap, Storm_11, Straycat, Supersimo88, Switch_, Temporal, ThomasAH, Tinukedaya, Trestry, trx, udaychaitanya16, usmiv4o, vdx29, Veleno, Venemo, vi_, vkv.raju, VladNistor, Wikiwide, Xagoln, youngcalihottie, zeljkobo12, zimon, zvogt, __-_-_-__