View Single Post
Originally Posted by karan5chaos View Post
We A5 2017 owners seriously would live to have a sailfish port.
We dont mind in trail and error. But if you people can guide us then we would consider doing some trail and error in our part.
I have free questions -

Does it requires any coding? Or does it requires a knowledge of linux commands ?
I have an extensive knowledge of coding and programming but none of the linux or AOSP building knowledge.
From the guides I have seen around it seems pretty straight forward. U set up a build environment, get dependencies, connect to git, run commands, wait , build and test. But I know there are many small things that wont go as intended. Plus I have read the HADK and it seems a bit intimidating just coz im a newbie to linux.
Most of it is Linux CLI poking and prodding, it helps greatly if you are familiar with how a Linux system works.

Occasionally you might have to do some programming, but its fairly rare and one of the porter/jolla guys will usually do it for you once they understand what the problem is.

But above all of that is a requirement of patience and a willingness to learn, this is not something you'll be finished with in an afternoon.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post: