View Single Post
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
I keep hearing the word "promising" and such ...out of this project.

Frankly I won't touch, invest , support, or purchase anything any more unless :

A- it actually is "proven" to run linux, and run it with no issues.
B- it has a large enough end user base and community (too many issues with small communities)
and
C- it is ACTUALLY already made, on the shelf , are shipping AND buyers are finding NO surprises (in the form of issues ..hardware, support or any other surprises no one anticipated getting with their purchase)

I am sure all I said comes across as being jaded or bitter or..countless other possible negatives...
But it isn't...
When I purchase something, I expect it to work, I expect to have some tech support, some warranty even...
But never again will I just throw money at an endeavor with the "hope" that it will get out of even prototype stage...
No more of that lunacy.

Crowdfunding is gambling...at best.

I don't throw money anymore at "attempts" to complete something.
Few people on this earth get paid for "almost" finishing their work.
Perhaps I should do some crowdfunding...
"Exquisite flawless period- piece carvings ..ALMOST finished..."
I think I would be a pauper in no time flat.
Yeah, me neither. Scams are not fun!

But I do will continue investing in stock exchange and currencies. Sometimes you hit some scammers there too but usually you have the opportunity to go through the results which should give you an idea how you want to act. that said loosing money is part of the game but at least you usually have an idea about the company, top management and previous result and track records.

But in the end it comes down to luck and currently most markets going through the roof...

BTW, how is legislation of Cannabis in Canada coming along?? I have done some nice investments in the area...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-01-14 at 10:25.