View Single Post
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Peterborough, UK
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
No, you can still have u-boot (and by extension MeeGo) with Power47, you just have to be willing to read directions a little and do some work, instead of just clicking on a link in the app managers.

As for the above kexec question... Pali tried to see if he could get kexec to launch other kernels from within the console you can get now at boot with power47, but I don't believe it ever ended up working for him.
I am going to look into seeing if I can patch in a menu to u-boot. but the problem is that the ones I've found are valid to u-boot v2; I just don't agree with multiboot and its flashing the kernel partition over and over. However, the instructions and links found on the forum (i.e. Matan's u-boot and building the one found here) produces a u-boot which does not work (it freezes on 'Starting kernel') on HW revision 2204, amongst others (I found this out the hard way after Nokia Care replaced my original 2101 with a 2204). The uboot-pr13 in the repositories does work, but then you lose the added extras and it has the stock kernel included rather than power. However I've patched in all of the changes to the source of uboot-pr13 (which Stskeeps kindly provided to me) and will host this shortly for anyone to work on, should they so wish

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tigerite For This Useful Post: