View Single Post
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Hmm.. I usually use invisible shield (or bodyguardz) for the body of the device, and use a clear shield (japanese brand) for the screen. Neither of those can be made by hand to the same quality unfortunately.

(I can't find a scan\image of the invisible shield pattern, but suffice to say it has lots of holes and uneven shapes to accomodate the fit of the device's body and its many buttons\sensors)
I found this picture http://www.zagg.com/images/products/full/NOKN86FB.jpg

From it , I can see your point about how difficult it will be to make one that fits 100% with your device's body.

if you are willing to cut it for the whole body ,I suggest first to bring a paper and cover your device with, then with a pencil try to color the whole paper (like scratching it with your pencil) this will show your device details clearly , now take off your paper and start cutting it. If this paper is fitting 100% then you can start using it as a template for your scotchguard cutting otherwise try to repeat it (About the pencil part, I am not sure if a photocopy might work better than the pencil).

I know this might looks like having many trial and errors to get a single protector & might not worth the time and efforts ,but you have to admit it sill cheaper.
You can consider this project to kill some time when you don't have anything to do