View Single Post
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
The most interesting N-Gage proto to me is the one that has full QWERTY keyboard, and the game pad controller hidden inside the keys.

Lovely design, it's a shame it was cancelled.
Can you prove that this is even real? The older B 2.0 prototype already had the near-final design with the keys the way we know them. So time-wise, this one doesn't fit. Also, you can see on the second picture that the sticker is on top of another sticker. That screams "mock-up" to me - so does the whole thing itself anyway, as the N-Gage pcb was basically finished right from the start and didn't change during further prototype stages. With such a keyboard, however, a completely different pcb would have been necessary.

And why are such pictures always blurry or noisy as hell? That doesn't really help taking them for real. The first picture looks very fake already, as it has different noise patters in it and the blurryness of the keys don't fit in with the rest of the picture. That's a good sign of image manipulation. Get some proper pics of it, please. I don't think the three images are even showing the same device. Unless the person changed the location for every shot and had it holding by someone else in the second picture.

Should it be real: that's a very, very bad design. Glad we never saw something like this. No d-pad on a gaming system is a no-go and how tiny are the key..?

Last edited by TimoW79; 2020-12-13 at 09:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TimoW79 For This Useful Post: