Thread: [SailfishOS] WhoGo Maps
View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Rinigus, Otsaloma, you are my heroes.
I finally ditched android navigation completely thanks to WhoGo maps.

Are you aware that WhoGo is "competing" with the big ones now by offering similar feature set?
You even have all puzzle pieces in place to overtake them with an unprecedented killer feature.

One thing no mobile navigation can offer is what embedded car solutions are best known for.
Reliable data directly from the car!

There is OBDfish in Jolla Store and combining it with WhoGo would allow for nifty things like speed data without Gps reception (perfect for tunnels and such), fuel/reach calculation (will i maybe need to refuel if i speed or better go slow) or eyecandy like nice (optional) rpm graphs.

Now that i compare WhoGo on (very) high level with all other solutions i know, 2 things are "missing" for me.

Firstly, the 1 second(?) position update is slammed into the users face as honestly as it can be. The other way around i would love to not see the absolute accurate position where i am now, it would be enough for me to know where i was 1 second ago and have a nice fluid transition to the next known point and possibly fluid transitions overall while navigating.

For the second i threw together some code to not sound completely demanding without delivering something

How do you think about a gauge display for the current speed? I always focus on gps-speed when evading speed traps with just that slight 2km/h over and would love to have some sort of (optional/settings) large speed display.
Here my mock-up and code that should work if you feed the right data and somehow update it every second. Also feel free to adapt and change what is necessary to look good on the actual map display.
The Font is Source Han Sans, you might want to change that to Source Sans Pro.
gauge-test-upload.zip

Last edited by mosen; 2018-06-07 at 21:37. Reason: typos

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post: