View Single Post
Originally Posted by nahaha View Post
Hi Sviox,

Thanks for the great work in Hydra the widget runtime! Now it makes my N9 more apps to run! Cool~~~

I have a question: I am trying to run some .wgz widgets that I used to run on my Symbian phone. However, it gave me an error message saying "Failed to install <widget.wgz>" "Failed to extract the config file." Is there something I can try to get them working?

And I am looking forward to your future version that will add a d-pad for Symbian widgets as well! Thanks again!

NAHAHA
Hi. Could you send me the widget so I can take a look? That error message is shown in case the config file in that package is not found the the expected path (or if some special Zip version/features are used to create the package). It's quite weird if it installs on Symbian as I have tested creating Symbian widgets for E51 and N97 and both of them require the info.plist file to be exactly on the right spot (that is, not in the root but one directory below). You could always try to rezip the package yourself.

I just posted a new version to the store, it should be up in a few days. It does not contain the d-pad yet but rather focuses on bug fixing and some UI tweaks. Here is the full changelog:
* Implemented file selection sheet for all browsing contexts as well as installing local widgets
* Implemented widget details page with similar appearance to installation confirmation sheet
* Implemented support for remote web applications
* Implemented support for persistent http(s) cookies
* Added Facebook shortcut widget
* Added feature demos for file upload and cookies
* Changed tapping list items to always open the details page instead of directly launching a widget
* Changed installation confirmation sheet to be also shown for widgets requesting features
* Changed installing widgets from manager UI to no longer automatically launch the widget
* Fixed installation getting stuck if lisence agreement sheet was closed from recent view
* Fixed internal features being listed on lisence agreement sheet
* Fixed widgets with additional namespaces (i.e. Tizen/Cordova) randomly failing to read config file
* Fixed update list item duplicate after installing widget with local update description
* Fixed submitting a form from internal URL into an external URL crashing the application
* Fixed links inside iframes to no longer fire view mode events in the main frame
* Fixed view mode media query usage when dynamically switching between fullscreen and maximized mode
* Fixed scroll position to always go to top when changing page

EDIT: Seems I forgot to put the Opera view-mode change to the changelog. Now all Opera widgets are run in maximized mode which is actually reported to Opera widgets as fullscreen widget mode.

Last edited by sviox; 2012-11-18 at 17:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post: